Tuesday, March 27, 2018

March Madness

There are lots of things to do during March.  In addition to helping our Junior English classes with their research, we also swapped out our winter displays for something more appropriate for Spring.


For Women's History Month ...  



For Spring ... 




I also organized my first March Madness book bracket.  Blanca always did the whole shebang with 64 books.  That seemed a bit daunting for my first try.  I decided to stick with the "Sweet 16."

Before voting, I had to build some hype.  So I advertised early, and I even put up a poster in the Commons area for easier access to the voting ballots.



The part I was not looking forward to was making the bracket.  I went to Pinterest to see what I could find.  I ended up with this.


Then I had both teachers and students vote for their favorite books to set up the tournament at the start.  We ended up with quite a range as you can see.  I provided both written and visual brackets for everyone.



We have made it from the Sweet 16, to the Elite 8 ...


Next week will be the Final 4.  After that we will vote for the Top 2 and the Champion in the same week.  Both the students and faculty members are anxious to see how this first March Madness ends.  It's fun to talk to people in the hallway about how this game has unfolded thus far.  However it may end, the library wins because both students and the faculty are talking about books.

Every day is an Adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Just announced the winner today. The Harry Potter series is the March Madness 2018 champion.

    ReplyDelete