Monday, January 28, 2019

Montage of Decorations

It is no secret that I like to decorate the library from time to time.  A friendly atmosphere is important, and I believe a few well-positioned adornments help with that. There are 2 main focal points that I like to swap out every couple of months.  They usually include decorations and books.  There is a "new books" area that is changed out when new books roll in, and then there are two window displays I change out every so often.  I do not utilize actual books in the window displays, but I always include pictures of books we have.  Here is a montage of displays I put up last semester.  Since I used a winter theme at the end of the semester,  a few of the displays are still up, but I did swap out the books.

Here are some pictures of my displays thus far & which months they were or are being displayed:



Readbox 
August & September


Fall Into a Good Book 
October & November

Winter Peanuts
December & January
(No catchy reading phrase here.  I just love the Peanuts!)



These Books are Poppin'
August & September

Once Upon a Crime
October

We are Thankful for our Veterans
November

Hot Reads for Cold Nights
December & January

The window displays do not photograph well.  So I don't always document those.  This fall I did Leaf Through a Good Book (displayed September, October and November) and Fall in Love with a Good Book (displayed September, October and November). 

The ones I did photograph are . . . 

Snow is Falling and Books are Calling 
December & January



Our Books are "Snow" Good
December & January



In addition, I have decided to expand my decorating expertise beyond the library.  I am beginning to realize that there is a whole population of students who have not set foot in the library.  That is part of the reason I instituted "Bathroom Book Talks" and the "Pop Up Library." (See Nov 2018 Post for more info.)

Back to the point . . . decorations.


So I dug out some old library posters and hung them up in the cafeteria.

  


Then I recycled a winter book display from last year and utilized an area directly across from one of our most trafficked bathrooms. Apparently no one uses lockers anymore.  So I did.  The display turned out better than I imagined.

Chill Out with a Good Book


It has just occurred to me that I use the word "good" A LOT.  My next challenge . . . creating a display without the word "good" in it.  LOL!

Of course I would love to take credit for all these clever sayings, but just about everything I did came from Pinterest.  I still love that website.

Stay Warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment