Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Student Run Book Display

 I have been working with a student for the past 2 weeks to put up our first student run book display.  Hunter checked out the most books during the 4th six weeks; so I decided to start with him.  He curated a list of his top 10 book favorites from our library.  We pulled the books and created a display.  Hunter then went into Canva to create his own sign for the display.


Yesterday I sent out the book display concept in my "Library Tip Tuesday" email that goes out to the staff twice a month. In the email, I asked for recommendations of students who liked to read and might want to do their own book display.  To my surprise, I was given 4 names within 30 minutes of my email.  I was surprised because one often wonders how many people actually read your emails.  So happy that at least a few do.  I know I can put one of those obnoxious "read notice" on the email, but I'm not going to do that.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program . . . Hunter arranged the books, and I printed out his Canva sign.  He asked to put library/read stickers on his table.  Since I have about a billion of those, I let him go through my stickers to find the ones he wanted out on his table.  Now we just need to see what kind of foot traffic the display gets.  I am hoping to swap it out twice every 6 weeks.  I think the table turned out great, and Hunter is especially proud of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment